There was blood, lot's of it, metal is sharp. There was sweat, workin' on the roof was hot. And there were definitely tears...I've never put on a roof before, so there was a learning curve to be sure, but, for the most part it's on and will keep the water out. There are a few cosmetic things that still need to be done and a few other pieces that need to go on after the siding goes up...but it's gonna rain soon and I'm pretty ok with that...lord (and friends) knows we need it!!!
Lil' Bluey was able to haul the entire roof all by herself!!! I'm so proud of you Ol' Bluey I could just give you a good boot to the fenders!
I have also started putting up the fascia boards. Then I will nervously start putting on a roof that I have no idea how to do! Fun, right???
This has been a bit of a slow go...as well as staining and actually putting up the siding I have been getting ready for the metal roof to arrive, which could be as early as today. That means staining the fascia and the remaining trim. And then I have to figure out how to actually put the roof on!
Here is today's update...it's siding! Starting to look like a house though! I still have the other side to do.
It's been a bit of a slow week on the work front...I mean, I was there everyday doing stuffs, but it was just small stuffs and kinda boring. I did put on a bit more siding and closed it all up because the rains are here. I have never actually closed all the windows. It think it looks kinda neat.
I decided to take a bit of a break from building and have a little fun at the tiny house. I thought I'd spend the night! What a great idea I thought to myself! It'll be fun! It wasn't long after I arrived that the rustling started. Where was it coming from, and what was it. Well, seeing as there really isn't anything in my house but the stuff I just brought in and that big bag of tarped insulation. Hmmm....indeed as soon as I moved it I smelt it and saw the evidence of mouse droppings. McNasty Burger! Out it went, and a cute little mouse jumped out of the bag and scurried to the wheel well. Ha, trapped! I tossed the mouse hotel outside and went to catch my little uninvited visitor! As he was cornered in the wheel well section, I figured this to be an easy catch, but as soon as I went for him he scampered to the other end and out he went. Oh, I thought. As I knelt down to see where he got out, I noticed one of my early sheathing mistakes. The outside sheathing was not cut accurate enough to the wheel well, and that was his in and out. Well, there was no time to do anything just then as I had friends coming over to have a beer with me and wish me well on my first night in the house. The mouse stayed pretty much away all night, until 4am. That's when he woke me and I couldn't catch him, as he would head to his exit as soon as he saw me move. I jumped out of bed and headed outside. I grabbed a blade, cut away the house wrap and sealed the entrance, which was now his last exit. And today, I flashed the outside of the wheel well properly (see photo below). No more creatures!
I'm building a tiny house on The Sunshine Coast in BC, so I have somewhere to live...I also have no idea what I am doing...